A beautiful day

What technical feedback would you like if any? All feedback is very welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any critique is very welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon810, 70-200 at200mm, F11, iso100,

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

An inspired image in that it’s clear to me what motivated you to shoot this. The tree on the right is an issue for me as it doesn’t form a good frame and just seems to imposed itself from the background into the image. Having some definition in that darkness may help but not enough. What would be desirable is to have some leaves speckled across that darkness as on the left side.

A great idea thank you so much, Igor

Two thirds of this image I think is fantastic. The tree on the right bothers me. I would go with an almost square crop from the right. If you just cropped the tree off the comp is unbalanced without another tree in the BG.:vulcan_salute:

I love the colors and light in this woodland scene, Ben. I do agree with Igor and my brother’s thoughts on the tree on the right.

Ben I love the light and color in this scene, the tapestry of leaves create an impressionistic type effect. I agree with the other comments about the tree on the right @Michael_Lowe suggestion of a square crop would help. What I’m most attracted to is whats going on in the center of the image. If it were me, I might have tried for tried for a vertical shot that really gets deeply into the light and color, something like this.

1 Like

What the others said but I prefer the squarer crop. The sense of sunlight through the woodland to the forest floor is gorgeous. It doesn’t need the peripheral trees with their dark trunks at all.