Just standing there being beautiful

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D810, F11, iso100, 70-200 2.8 lens at 200mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ben,

I like the scene quite a lot, especially the backlit glow. You did a good job with the comp and making sure the 3 trunks had separation. Leaves in the back are pretty hot, but that’s ok here I think.

You don’t mention anything about what you saw or are attempting to present. Curious about your choice of f11 (2.8? confused on which aperture) as the depth of field has rendered most of the foreground leaves soft. But maybe this is your intention? At least for me, a scene like this one calls for sharp details front to back.

Processing wise, It looks to me like some odd edges on the foreground trunk. I’m wondering if you did a selection of the tree and made some adjustments? either raising the darks for some detail? or darkening? Not sure what’s going on. Maybe it’s just the fact that the trunk is soft and a little out of focus.

It’s a great scene, but to be honest, not one of your better technical efforts.

Lon

You’ve go vision and that’s most important. The technical part will come with time.

In this case I would maybe crop a bit off the right. You decide.

Lon and Igor, great comment !
There was a tree trunk between the second and third tree on the left. I removed it using frequency separation in photoshop. I used a luminosity mask in the Tk V7 Actions panel. But obviously it wasn’t good enough. For a moment I thought it was. So I posted the image.
I learned from you both to be more precise , Thank you therefore. For me again a stap in the good direction !

Igor and Lon, great comment !
There was a tree trunk between the second and third tree on the left. I removed it using frequency separation in photoshop. I used a luminosity mask in the Tk V7 Actions panel. But obviously it wasn’t good enough. For a moment I thought it was. So I posted the image.
I learned from you both to be more precise , Thank you therefore. For me again a stap in the good direction !