Just standing near the water

My eye was for the lighted tree trunk and his colors. Opposite the darker water and the reflection in it. I am curious how you like it or is it only me who sees the beauty in it ?

What technical feedback would you like if any? All feedback is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? what about the scene

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D850, 24-70 lens at 70mm, F9,0, 1/60. iso200.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ben,

I like what you’ve captured and seen. I see what you were after. I like the juxtaposition between the tree/shore and the reflection.

Small suggestions would be to clone/crop to eliminate the small, green plant in the LLC. I think if you cropped from the bottom just a little, you could also clean up that short stick on the edge further right. The only other suggestion would be to tame the highlights in the bigger leaf and what looks like blown out highlights in the root ball - looks like a foot and a big toe… :wink: Otherwise good job with the processing.

Lon

@Lon_Overacker, Thank you ,Lon. Good advice !!

I see this as a very personal image brought about by a state of mind that found this to be meaningful. I may be reading more into this than there is but I often am attracted to such visions when in such a state. This article goes into greater detail - Photography and Zen I, personally, find such a state to be critical to making good creative images.