Spring at last

I made this image yesterday. It seems the end of many wet wet days.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more than welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

This is a really nice take on a busy woodland scene, Ben. The greens and yellows are lovely and compliment each other rather nicely IMO. I only have one small suggestion and that would be to clone out a couple of broken limbs toward the right side that seem to catch my eye. I hope you don’t mind but here is a repost with what I had in mind. Really nice find here.

1 Like

They’re like a flock of yellow butterflies, or even stars in the sky. I like Ed’s change. I was going to suggest the same. I would crop some of the bottom to center the 2 horizontal branches and give the image even more structure.

Ben, I am supremely jealous, where I live it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before I will see spring conditions like this, winter is still hanging on for now. This is a very chaotic environment but you have done a really good job of organizing the chaos here. The arrangement of the trees imposes some order on what is otherwise the random distribution of the “butterflies” as Igor called them.
This was quite a nice find on your part, well done. :+1: :+1:

I agree with @Ed_Lowe about cloning away with the hanging branch. The yellow “butterflies” are really neat looking. I think you could accentuate them even more by shifting the greens in the image a bit more to green, thus creating some more color contrast of yellow vs. green. It is subtle but makes the yellow pop a bit more. Here is a rework reflecting my comments.

Beautiful image. The yellows interspersed against the backdrop of green really stand out.

@Igor_Doncov, @Michael_Lowe, @Ed_Lowe, @Ed_McGuirk,It is so nice to read the suggestions of you all. With that I did a remake myself. I hope you like it.

The chaos works here Ben, and I do like the spring feel it has. Around this part of the United States, they have closed down a lot of (almost all) access to our great nature. I may have to prowl closer to home for scenes like these.

I do agree that removing that branch helps, but prefer contrast closer to your original.