Semi-perfect Symmetry

This image was taken in pretty heavy fog, so there was a fair amount of processing to reduce it to a level that seemed reasonable to me. I ran into this tree at Ridgefield NWR on a typical November foggy day a few years ago. I really liked the shape so I decided to try some shots regardless of the fog.

Dennis, this guy has a unique profile here. At first I thought it was just that tree, but then noticed a bit of the same lean in the BG brush / trees. Might have been a direct cause of the wind over the years maybe? Regardless, a neat look during this foggy morning take…:sunglasses:

That’s a fascinating “half” tree, Dennis. It looks like there may have been a second trunk that fell off to the right. I think bringing up the luminosity of the tree and foreground grass could add a nice bit of pop to a fascinating, moody view.

You can see the wind direction here.Great shot I would maybe add a little more contrast to this
if its possible

Interesting find, Dennis. A lot of the trees along the Atlantic coast take a similar shape due to the wind.

I tell my wife that most of the art in nature photography is discovering what already exists.

Great find Dennis! That’s a great and unique tree - as imperfect as it is. I think the fog helps here to keep attention on the tree.

I might consider cropping a little off the right just to remove the darker bush/branches on right edge

Lon