Wind Blown

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I found this tree interesting with its lean and seemingly top heavy limbs. I wish the first tree didn’t intersect with the 2nd tree.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

Focal Length 30.0 mm
Aperture f/11
Exposure Time (1/30)
ISO 100

1 Like

That certainly is a unique looking tree Steve. The fog is perfect for giving some separation to the trees and simplifying the BG. I like the way the branches of the first tree help frame the second one. I too wish the two trees did not intersect one another. Did you happen to capture any images where you moved a little to the left?

That tree IS very interesting! It almost looks like a bird with a beak and crest. Like Ed Lowe, I like how the branches of the first frame the other, but I’m with you both in wishing they didn’t intersect. I don’t know if it was possible to move left or a little lower, but that might have been something to try. I’m not really the one to talk though, as that’s exactly the sort of thing I would not see until I was home or reviewing later if it was me… I do think the fog helps in that it provides some separation.

VERY nice image. I agree about the framing of the distant tree. Also, I’d like to see a little more along the bottom to show more of the base of the front tree.

The front tree is awesome, Steve. Yes, having it not partly blocking the second tree would be nice, but that would mean that you needed to be 10 - 15 feet higher, which I doubt was possible. The shape of the foreground tree and the two disappearing trees are enough to let this work very well as presented.

Steve: Very cool scene and a fine capture. My first impression would be to move to the right and try to get the branch of the FG tree into the slot between the boughs of the second. Regardless this is still a terrific image. >=))>

Thanks Ed, Karla, Ronald, Mark and Bill for your comments and critique. I check my trip catalog and didn’t have enough sense to try different positions for the shot. As a desert dweller I think I was so excited about fog I hurried to capture the moment without trying to frame the scene better. Got lost in the moment.