Shades of white

Study and intrepretation of peony.

Specific Feedback Requested

What’s your reaction?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iPhone 8, Lightroom Processing.

1 Like

Really nice artistic,abstract looking image. I really like it!

1 Like

Boy, Paul. How lovely. At first I didn’t know what I was looking at. Then I thought this was fog or clouds. It is really beautiful, this intimate flower.

1 Like

Thank you, @Vanessa_Hill @Mark_Muller; I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

The image results from starting with a raw file of the original full side view of the flower and cropping here, cropping there, moving sliders, and generally fooling around until something comes together. Comes together to my eye, at least.

It’s image exercise for the eye. I’m a firm believer that we need to be involved daily with images, not necessarily with the camera but with what we have after being behind the camera.

Namaste

1 Like

It does look like the sun trying to break thru a cloud or fog bank. Very subtle. And here I am trying to figure out what lens was used.
And I like your advice for daily image exercise.
Very cool image exploring the possible.

1 Like

On a summer evening I can sit of the front porch and play with images on the iPad. I love not be tied to the desktop.

paul

Paul: I love the cloud like appearance of this. A touch more structure might suit me a little better but I do like the subtlety of the subject and capture. Well done. >=))>

1 Like