Smell the Roses

I’m doing a lot of macro in my back yard lately since sheltering in place. Luckily my rose bush has just started blooming. I wanted to emphasize the wavy layers of petals and I added a texture at low opacity to give it a dreamy look. It’s quite pale all around, but it is the way I perceive this light and fluffy flower. Taken with my macro 100 mm lens at ISO2.8.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Too lacking contrast?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

A lovely, soft and dreamy look indeed, Kathy. I like how the upper and lower petals fade, with the curves of the central petals giving a nice focal point to the composition. A beautiful image !

1 Like

Kathy
Gorgeous shot with great detail on the edges!

Kathy: I really like your DOF/POF choice here and the soft monochromatic color palette. Well seen and captured. >=))>

Kathy, this looks great. Maybe it the ornery little boy lurking, but I really want to very gently brush a finger down the edges of the petals that show so sharply here. The final oof “wave” at the top complements the layered curves very well.

This is delectable, Kathy. I love the feel of this image with it’s light and dreamy look, yet it retains the undeniable look of a rose. Very well done.

Very soft and moody image. Gives the viewer a gentle take on the beautiful rose petals. Well done.