Sharp bends

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was still walking in a path in Val d’Orcia in Tuscany soon after the sun was set. I liked this image. The place is well known but the point of view was not common. I did’nt have the tripod with me so I had to pump the ISO for reaching 1/250 needed with a 130mm lens.

Technical Details

Z7ii - Nikkor 70-200mm at 130mm - 1/250, f/8, ISO 1100.

2 Likes

Truly Tuscany. I love the sinuous road winding through the textures of the fields and up to the great old house. I wonder about increasing the exposure just a touch? I would like to see the sliver of green at the bottom right cropped out. This is a lovely image. I’d love to go to Tuscany.

The road certainly forms a nice leading line to the house in the back! Overall nicely exposed

Giuseppe,

How about this? Imagine the view from the Villa itself? coming back at ya?

This perspective and view is certainly a wonderful one. Classic S-curve. Love the greens and the contrast with the dark evergreens lining the roadway.

I would agree that cropping/cloning out the open patch along the bottom would tighten this up a little.

Thanks for sharing this little corner of the world!

Lon

Chris and Karl, thanks for the comments. Chris I hope that the repost is in line with your good suggestions.

Lon, I know that you love Val d’Orcia as I do. No that place is not far from Monticello.

I tried to put into practice your tips. Thanks.

You certainly put a nice twist on this scene (pun intended). It’s good to see that your cropped the LLRC. This is all about the twisting road; so, to emphasize the bends more and add extra interest, you might want to bring up the yellows in the first triangle of green. Just a thought. You could do this with a color range mask in LRc or using TK9. Nice point of view.

Thanks Larry, I have done it and the appeal of the image is inproved.