Twin houses

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In Tuscany, in the Crete senesi (Sienese clay) the hills of clay are full of movement and nuances.

Specific Feedback

Do you prefer a higher light?

Technical Details

Z 7ii, Nikkor Z 28-75mm at 60mm- f/11, 1/350, ISO 400 handheld

3 Likes

What a gorgeous scene, beautifully lit and captured Giuseppe! I think your exposure is perfect. You have detail in the shadows and I believe that increasing brightness would detract from the romantic feel in this image. There is so much to see here and your composition is excellent. I like the foreground elements, leading line, contrasting rock and rolling hills bringing the viewer to the houses which are prominent due to the brighter, low contrast distant background. Bravo!

Excellent work Giuseppe! It looks like a classic painting . I echo what Ron said - great composition, leading lines and lighting. I wouldn’t change anything.

Not much to say that hasn’t already been said other than outstanding!

A wonderful photo Giuseppe, the light gives such a rich texture to the fields and I also think that it is overall just right with a few hidden shadows and some nice highlights.
Of course anyone photographing landscapes in Tuscany has an advantage over the rest of us!.. what a beautiful place.

@Ron_Meeker, @robertakayne, @Jim_Gavin, @Ryan_H, @Saundie I am happy to read that you like so mach this photo.
Yes Ryan Tuscany is really a splendid place for photographers but USA have more numerous and more splendid places: Yellowstone, Yosemite Park, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Smoky Mountains, Anthelope Canyon, Zion Park, Horseshoe Bend, Thor’s Well, and many many others. I wish I could be there.

Hi Giuseppe, your eye for the undulating terrain of the landscape is truly captivating. The way you’ve captured the soft rolling hills creates a mesmerizing pattern that leads the eye naturally through the scene. The warmth of the light accentuates the curves of the land and gives a velvety texture to the fields, which is simply enchanting. The placement of the house at the crest of the hill is a delightful focal point that anchors the composition beautifully. Lovely work!

Beautifully composed image, showing lovely detail and a subtle colour palette.
If it were my image I would simply crop the slightly distracting trees from the base of the image, and extend the top of the image slightly to show a little sky above the hill on the top RHS of the image.
I hope this helps.

I am not impressed easily, this is one of the top landscapes I have seen on the site. It even gets better on the enlarged view.
All I can say is super.

@Nigel_Downes I have much appretiated your suggestion so I have cutted the trees in the bottom and add a bit of sky at the top. I think that the composition is improved. Thanks Nigel.
The new version of the image.

@Steve_Rosendahl thanks for your kind words I am very glad that you like this photo so much.