Hidden small red house

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The hills of clay in the Crete Senesi, Tuscany, always deserve surprises for their shapes, colors and contrasts.

Specific Feedback

Would you like more contrast or less?

Technical Details

Z 7ii, Nikkor 70-200mm at 120mm - f/11, ISO 100, 1/125s

1 Like

Fascinating. Done in b&w, this could easily be mistaken for an Edward Weston image. Great composition.

Very nice. When I saw the small version, my first reaction was that there is pretty much foreground. But when viewed large, I like the way the path is winding throught the foreground and how it brings me to the rest of the scene.
I like your contrast, for me the image doesn’t need to be altered. If I’d change anything, I might keep the contrast in the FG and soften the rest of the image a bit, just to separate the two parts even more. But I like it a lot as it is.

@Igor_Doncov thanks for your always highly appreciated comment. I am very glad that you liked the photo. As you suggested I tried a too quick and superficial conversion in B&W but I like very much the idea.
Here is the new version.

@Han_Schutten thanks for your gratifying comment about this photo as it is including the contrast but I like also your idea of softening the upper part of the image. It may solve my doubt about the contrast.
This version reflects what you proposed?

Yes, it does. Maybe I would extend it, to the trees. But that might be too far away from your intentions.

I wouldn’t change a thing Giuseppe. Beautiful work!