Short-eared Owl

Image was taken a few weeks ago while I was figuring out R5. Owl has past me a bit but I really liked the soft look to the grass and the owls.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
R5, 500mm + 1.4 Est., f/5.6, 1/1600, ISO 3200, Tripod. Photo is cropped to 55% of FF, LR, Topaz AI, PS

David, I really like this. The details in the owl are nice. He looks like he is about to come down onto his dinner. The grass is a nice plus to the image.

Fine image. I like this a lot and hope to get a Barn Owl in my crosshairs sometime too. Well caught… especially with a tripod.

Beautiful shot of the owl, David. The slight angle makes this bird look like it’s all tail and wings with hardly any body-kind of cool. Extremely sharp bird. Well done.

Well done and well composed. Excellent color palette. At a 2500th, the wing blur would have been decreased but OK as is.

Stellar image, David . Love the light - clean and crisp. No nits from me. Seems you worked out the R5 :wink: … Cheers, Hans

Thanks everyone for the comments. Unfortunately this area has now become over run by photographers. I am working on local officials to declare the marsh out of bounds.

Very nice habitat image. only needed a Head turn for perfection…