Showy Tick Trefoil flower

Usually these flowers are in a linear cluster. On this cluster, all the flowers had fallen off except one standing.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/16, 1/15, ISO 640
Canon DPP for RAW conversion, PSCC, Nik tonal contrast
(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Technically well done. Amazing detail, good composition and unobtrusive background. The flower itself is not very elegant or graceful which reduces its impact for me. That, of course, is not through any fault of your own.

Wonderful detail on the dewdrops! A bit more room on the right could give a little more breathing room for the lower stem. I wonder if lightening the BG, and perhaps giving it a bit more texture if there is any to be found, might make the bloom a little less stark and give it a little more context. That could alleviate Patricia’s concern somewhat. This might even be a candidate for going creative with a subtle texture for the BG.

Ravi: Good solid capture and comp with the dew a very nice bonus. Well done.>=))>

Wildflowers are very worthy subjects for photography and this one is often overlooked. The BG has a lot of contrast with the subject which I do not mind. I wish that their was a little more contrast in the shadows which would add a little depth to the flower. The dew drops are a nice addition to the comp. These flowers are small so providing the viewer with some info on their size will help. The large view is worth looking at to see all the captured details. Well done…Jim

Thanks Patricia, Diane, Bill and Jim for your comments. Much of my flower photography is about presenting the beauty of wildflowers. I make all the images in the field. Flowers in the cluster are very small - about 4-5 mm wide and tall, and

it is unusual to see one flower alone. I will post the image of the cluster next time.
for this one, I have tried to increase the contrast within the flower and added canvas on the right side as Diane has suggested.