Silver Hill Conservation Area # 3

I hope everyone does not mind another image from our quick trip to Mass. I wound up cropping a little fog from the top along with some field on the bottom which I thought was a little bare. Even though we did not get that killer sky that Ed M. has on his website I was quite happy with the moody images with the fog. Now that Mike and I have seen the field first hand I could probably get him to go back next august with very little arm twisting.:laughing:

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

all C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 25 mm, f 18 @ 0.5 sec, ISO 400, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Ed,

Mind? Not at all! Who would ever tire of these beauties? And this one is just that - a beauty! Love the crop and the layers of color. Speaking of color - processing looks just perfect. The narrower crop also works with including the long layer of fog up top. Not a biggie, but I’m wondering if shaving just a little bit more off the top would do anything; about 1/2 the distance to the tallest tree top on the right? Minor thought.

Only other minor suggestion would be to crop or something to mitigate the dark patch on the lower left. Otherwise, I’m loving this.

I think rather selfish of @Ed_McGuirk to not provide you and your brother a spectacular sky. Not fair I tell ya. :roll_eyes: :woozy_face: :laughing:

Lon

Another great scene from this spot. The processing looks spot-on, and the color is wonderful. I do agree regarding the dark patch. The fog adds a very nice touch.
-P

My favorite of the 3. Agree on LLC dark area. Beautiful!

Beautiful, Ed. Your choice of crop is excellent. It was hard to compose in this field without including bare spaces. Even though there’s no flowers at the bottom, it still works well as a nice layer of green. Processing also looks great. Well done.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

Thanks for the C&C @Lon_Overacker, @Preston_Birdwell, @Jim_Gavin and @Michael_Lowe; always appreciated. Here is a repost with the crop suggestions. Not sure how I missed that dark area on the left side. :crazy_face:
@Lon_Overacker: That’s funny. I will have to ask him not to keep all the great skies to himself although he did provide us with that killer sky in the White Mountains so I can not be to hard on him. :laughing:

This looks wonderful and I like what you did with the repost.
I really like the mood and feel of this image. I like that it’s bright, which is nice especially since it seems that everyone’s creating dark moody images. Overall, your image is very peaceful and a joy to look at.

1 Like