Size of an Ant

I was out looking in the garden this morning, and found this tiny, and I mean tiny, little jumping spider, about the size of an ant (in length). I had to get an extension tube to get him larger than 1:1. I still had to crop in pretty good. He is on a Black-eyed Susan that is getting ready to bud out. I don’t think he was quite an eight of an inch long. I had trouble seeing which end he was aimed at me, so I got a few butt shots!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Shot with Canon 5D Mark IV on tripod, with Canon 100 mm, 21 mm extension tube, KX-800 twin flash with diffuser, at f11, 1/200, ISO 400, all manual settings but focusing.

1 Like

Good grief, Shirley, how in the world did you ever seen him? He looks like he is lurking you. Wonderful detail in his eyes and front legs. Also, like how you have placed him slightly off center in the composition. Great find and nicely done.

1 Like

Oh wow, Shirley! I just love your jumping spiders! This is your gift! I love the whole setting, it really makes me feel like I’m looking into his little world! And he’s definitely looking at you! Really great capture!

1 Like

Really well done Shirley. Focus on the tiny spider is spot on. And a nice pose of the spider just poking up above the little rise. I like how you kept the outside dark and center bright. And good eye to find the little guy.

1 Like

SUPER JOB!! I’ve gotten my share of butt shots with tiny spiders, too. Perfect crisp focus and you are a wizard with that light.

1 Like