Sleeping Indian

Nikon D750 ISO 200 F8 1/60 Nikon 24-120

For those that have been to Jackson Hole you are familiar with this iconic landmark. This image from October shows one of the best sky views over the rock formation I have ever seen.

I adjusted the foreground a bit so it was not so flat. The clouds, to me, give a three dimensional look to the sky. I also liked the two foreground triangles created by the crop.

Comment s and critiques please. Always trying to improve.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent landscape image Andrew. Nice balance between the layers and good job with deciding on adjusting the foreground; that, combined with the sky/clouds as you mentioned, this does have a sense of depth and dimension.

Only suggestion I have would be to also boost the contrast in the mountain and rock formation. I suppose you could warm the light as well - that last light striking the formation. But that’s subjective and very minor.

Lon

I agree with you; lovely sky, and I like the rolling hill foreground.

I like the clouds better than the bald sky though, so you might consider a crop that removes a chunk of the urc, either removing the top or the top and right. I also agree with Lon that you could kick up the contrast more, especially by lowering the darker 2/3 of the image.

Some good layering, Andrew, a very nice foreground for the cliff-side and some beautiful cloud layers. I would agree with Lon that the cliffs and clouds would benefit from a little contrast, saturation or vibrancy to give them more of a boost.

This may be iconic, but I’ve never been there and am enjoying your presentation. I agree with the others that the mountain range could use some saturation so it is a little more prominent in the picture.

Superb light and clouds. Perhaps using the adjustment brush haze filter on the mountains would increase contrast and clarity.

Andrew, the light on the clouds and mountain are very attractive. I also like the gentle colors in the slope and the very bottom and the triangular ridge. Getting slightly softer versions of those colors into the midground hills would be a nice plus.