Slovenia Square in Blue Hour

Which Composition do we like best? I think it’s the wider shot, but would definitely welcome thoughts

What technical feedback would you like if any? All and Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All and Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Both 30 seconds at ISO 100. The wider shot is 16mm, f18. The closer one is 20mm, f16 and is a blend of three shots to get the most dynamic range possible…

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

It is the wider view for me.

I am going to move this to the non-nature category, since it is overwhelmingly the hand of man in content.

1 Like

A lovely shot, either way. The blue and the yellow/gold is such a gorgeous combination. The lines in the walkway are wonderfully dynamic and offer such depth to the image. In answer to your question, I much prefer the wider shot. In the narrower one, the star burst on the right just feels too cramped, which makes me feel a tad uneasy. That being said, with the wider shot I might consider cropping a bit on the left as the column on the building feels a little short of breathing space, though that is a very minor nit.

1 Like

Ah ofcourse. Thank for keeping me right @Harley_Goldman . Xx

Thanks. I agree completely about the lamp on the right hand side @Kerry_Gordon . Unfortunately I only took the one wider shot before trying to simplify and zoom in a little more but didn’t quite realise how much I’d cramped the light.

Living and learning. :smiley:

I also think the wider view has just that much more presence, Vikki. At 16mm I feel the sense of space is more powerful - the eye takes just a touch longer to reach the tower at the end, and I like that effect. Very nice image !

1 Like