Slow and Easy

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

the subject was a selection from a large area of small flows meandering through the moss covered rocks and ferns. I used a telephoto to dissect this area as well as other similar areas.
The area is the up stream flow into Sol Duc Falls

Specific Feedback

any and all

Technical Details

scanned Velvia slide

1 Like

Hi James, Wonderful picture. I love the green moss on the rock and the flowing water creating a path through them. It is a very calm that draws you in. You got the long exposure perfect to still seem like water but in this dreamy way. What did bother me a little is the big tree in the middle that seems in contrast to everything else. It kept drawing my eye and I wanted to go back to the rocks and waterfalls. The tree also blocks the back falls and make it harder to see them as part of the composition. I would suggest either crop the upper part entirely or remove the tree in photoshop. also, just a nit picky thing - the waterfall is cut on the right in way that doesn’t seem natural so maybe it might be good to crop a little bit on the right. The part that really drew me in and kept me in the cascade in the front between the rocks which are mesmerizing.

Tamar, I appreciate the comments and am pleased that you felt the “calm” that I felt while working this area. The object that you referenced as a tree ,is actually a large fern which is on of many in this landscape. Enjoy