Small-Flowered Lupine, Lupinus bicolor

From David’s grand view to this little jewel that crops up in mossy places toward the front of my driveway, rarely getting to more than 6 inches tall. It produces these tiny blossoms as it grows with the ones below already forming seed pods by the time the ones above open. I took my calipers out and measured some of these flowers and they ran from about 0.10 to 0.12 inches across.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

5DIII, EF180 f/3.5 macro, tripod, f/22, 1/160, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped from a horizontal original to 2245x2806 (as close as I could focus without extension tubes). Taken May 14th at 9:22 am.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.emphasized text
1 Like

Boy Dennis, the amount of detail that you captured in this tiny scene is just great. This set of blossoms is beautiful in color and in balance. At first glance I thought this was some kind of crocus. Beautiful. By the way, now I have to add some calipers to my camera bag!!!

Dennis, this is a lovely look at the details of these tiny flowers. The fuzzy sepals and the fuzz on the stem show very well. The mix of magenta and blue in the flowers is very attractive. The bit of water on the left is a neat addition with it’s lines of green and brown.