Small landscape

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’d been taking photos of this patch of desert from eye level. I decided to get the tripod as close to the ground and as close to the dead tree as I could. It certainly gave the subjects an entirely different look.

Specific Feedback

All reactions are welcome.

Technical Details

ISO 100, 35mm, f/18, 1.3 sec.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Don, it’s just a very special beauty .Fine colors and composition . Nothing to complain about . Your image makes me feel good !

Your comment made my day, Ben. :slightly_smiling_face:

Really nice image. Colors, textures. all excellent. Nice intimate scene. Since this is a critique forum, I feel it is my duty to critique something. :crazy_face:
Just kidding. A small nit. Just a little separation between the overhanging branch and the rock would be nice.
:metal:

Thanks for the comment and the critique, Michael.

I agree. I had the same thought when I was composing this one. Moving the camera enough to make that happen wasn’t feasible.

1 Like

I like the degree of confusion in this image. The background introduces some chaos but not enough to break things down. It’s a subtle tension between tree texture and bg texture. But I like that. A completely simple background might not be as visually intriguing.

1 Like