Smallest member from bird family ' Pale -Billed Flowerpecker' Habitat South East Asia ,

Artist on the stage for attracting for opposite mate.

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

Trying animanl eye auto focus for the first time what should be the next thing to consider …?

Creative direction

For bird photography what would be the affodable gear with telephoto lens for beginner

Specific Feedback

For better image processing what key technical aspect should be considered…

Technical Details

Aperture :- F6.7 with 230mm focal length ,
White balance :- Manual
ISO :- 500
Exposure time :- 1/5 s

Description

I captured this image at nearly around 3:30 when sunlight is going milder but light is bit more absence due to mango canopy ,with such condition how image can be capture in better version

Hi Ram Prakash Choudhary !
I understand that you are new to NPN, please post the bird images in Avian Critiques, thanks !

Hi Ram. Since you were using bird eye AF, I’m rather surprised that the eye of the female didn’t lock on-at least she looks just the least bit soft. However, I just noticed your shutter speed-that’s the kind of shutter speed they used back in the beginning days of bird photography with glass plates! So congratulations on getting usable images. You don’t mention what camera you’re using. If you’ll tell us that, we can probably give you some good lens suggestions. The Sigma and Tamron 150-600 mm zooms are both quite good and “relatively” inexpensive, but a lot of the camera makers have come out with similar lenses for pretty reasonable prices as well. With a crop sensor camera, they’re awesome, but even with full frame you can get close enough for great bird photography.

Given your shutter speed on this one, I’m guessing you’re mostly in darker areas. You should be able to bring your iso up quite a bit. Most modern cameras with the software now available, will let you get by up to at least iso 3200 and I’ve posted images taken at iso12800. At the higher iso values it’s pretty critical that you get your exposure right because you’ll amplify that noise if you have to brighten the image in post processing.

1 Like