Sneak Attack

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This large bumble bee kept pestering this Broad-billed hummingbird. I have a short series of this. Ill post another later.

Technical Details

Sony A1
200-600mm
shot at 600mm
1/2500 at f/8
ISO 2000

2 Likes

Very cool, Kurt. Having both in focus is awesome, and it looks as if the hummingbird is keeping an eye on the bee. To my eye, the hummingbird feels a bit oversharpened, but they can be tough that way since their feather structure is fairly coarse relative to their size.

This is great! The hummer’s expression… Nice sharpness and blurred background.

Awesome catch, Kurt. A great action shot and with both in focus too. Very cool.

Cheers,
David

Very cool! The hummer looks irritated. I’m wondering about darkening the perch a little.

Wow! To get both in focus is fantastic. It’s an interesting perspective that shows how small these hummingbirds are. Nice perch and background as well.

Hi Kurt, great capture that shows an interesting interaction between these two. As said above, it is great to see both subjects in such fine focus. Intriguing image.

I love this photo - congratulations on getting something so fun and dynamic. There’s so much character on display here plus your technicals are darn good. My only thought would be to open the exposure and blacks on the bee so it appears in a similar light as the bird. Super job!

Oh wow, what a shot, Kurt! Two for the price of one, and both nice and sharp.

Tough light conditions by the look of it, but the bee compensates for that and shows the size of the hummingbird very nicely, first reactions for someone who doesn’t see hummingbirds on a daily (or even yearly) basis, is that the bee is out of perspective and gigantic :slight_smile: ! Love it ! Cheers, Hans