Snow Cone Cube

The last in the series of mountain shots (at least for the moment). A wee bit more cheery than my other ones and again I don’t suppose for a moment that everyone will enjoy it but it pleases me and the compositional excercise was great fun to work with This one unlike the others was taken high in the Anderdalen National Park beneath an altogether more alpine looking sky and features deep drifting snow which in this case have been wind sculpted into these repeating pyramids of pure untouched snow. There is little to indicate scale but I would estimate each cone of snow was around 4 to 5m in height.

Indeed a completely different mood, Ian. I think this is very well done especially with the hint of clouds in the sky, very nice juxtaposition. I wouldn’t change a thing.

I like the simplicity and your use of diagonals Ian. I also like the contrast between the pure white snow a blue sky.

Ian, this is quite interesting. As the others have mentioned the simplicity of shape and color are very well presented,

I really like this one and don’t have much to add, but it would be cool to see a 2x3 crop of this. Its a really nice looking composition!

The mystery of this one drew me in. At first glance I didn’t know whether the landscape was sand, snow or salt :ok_hand:

I like this, Ian. The diagonals, two-color approach with three distinct areas, and abstract quality really appeal to me. Nice work here!
ML

Ian, wonderfully done, this image has such an elegant feeling to it. I agree with @Nathan_Klein, at first I thought this might be sand or salt. Those little pyramids of snow are very interesting. And I love your processing of the clouds, you kept them relatively unobtrusive so they don’t compete with the snow mounds, but they do a nice job of filling negative space. Great image !!!

I DEFINITELY love this one. Great work. The only thing I would like to see is a full vertical 2x3 or 4x5 to add more sky. That would actually draw even MORE attention to the bottom of the frame and add to the minimalism captured. If you dont have more sky, you can always use a little PS to stretch it and/or duplicate and merge. Just some thoughts - great either way!

You can’t go wrong with the combination of blue and white in this scene, Ian. The lack of scale works very well as does the diagonal of the ridgeline and the mounds of snow. You also handled the whites beautifully with the textures in the snow. Very nicely done!

Now that’s just fun! I love the simplicity, with the cones a fascinating anchor.