Snow Flap

I had to abandon my breakfast when I saw a flock of turkeys out back walking in the snow lit by the early morning sun. They put on quite the show for me. This is one of my favorites that I got.

Self Critique (click to reveal)

I like the contrast of the subject and background, and the frozen action, and I think the snow is a nice touch along with the feather textures. What about the cropping?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-400 lens, monopod, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 390mm, ISO 2000, Photo AI

1 Like

I think the crop looks really good!

I like the light through its wings and the soft glow under the neck and on the beak.
The light doesn’t seem as harsh as I expected it to be, your choice of exposure just works!

I also like the way it’s floating on the tips of it’s claws.

I would have set my food aside for this too :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a wonderful shot, Dave. Like @Merv I like the lighting through the wings and the turkey is in a great fun pose. The sharpness is spot on. I too would have left that breakfast on the table :blush:.

2 Likes

Hello, I like the crop as for me this photo is all about those wings! Great texture!

Hi Dave, I like the light you captured here shining through those wings. Great pose! Nice and sharp. I could see a tad more room in front but this version looks good. Well done.

Is that what they call the Turkey Trot? :slightly_smiling_face: Seriously, I love the dancing feel of the bird.

I think the technicals are great, crop works too. Well done.

What caught my attention right off is the gorgeous detail in the wings, Dave. And yes, it is a fun shot. Nicely seen.

Hi Dave
You have shown, with the right lighting and acton even a wild Turkey can look great.
Nice work.
Peter

I would have gone with something about ballet, Dave. A beautiful image with lovely lighting.