The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.
Description
Forres, Moray, Scotland
I think this meets the criteria of landscape as the human element is merely a supporting role though I think a very important one.
In the three hours or so that I spent wandering the snow covered road that carved its way betwixt thick fresh new snow causing every laden tree to arc over the road creating a snow tunnel, I saw just one sole, an elderly lady that was equally delighted to be out walking in this fairytale winter morning. We exchanged obvious delight in our magical surroundings before going our separate ways. I am so pleased that I opted to grab a couple of shots and quickly realised that another person enjoying this spectacular winter morning added hugely to the story of that magical day.
Specific Feedback
Happy to hear any thoughts you have.
Technical Details
Fuji GFX 50S, Fuji GF100-200 zoom, f/13 at 1/40 Second, ISO 400.
I love this image! It’s all you say and more. I feel that I’m there, experiencing the peace and beauty of the snowy landscape. Everything “works.” Compositionally, the positioning of the woman is perfect.
The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.
Description
Forres, Moray, Scotland
I think this meets the criteria of landscape as the human element is merely a supporting role though I think a very important one.
In the three hours or so that I spent wandering the snow covered road that carved its way betwixt thick fresh new snow causing every laden tree to arc over the road creating a snow tunnel, I saw just one sole, an elderly lady that was equally delighted to be out walking in this fairytale winter morning. We exchanged obvious delight in our magical surroundings before going our separate ways. I am so pleased that I opted to grab a couple of shots and quickly realised that another person enjoying this spectacular winter morning added hugely to the story of that magical day.
Specific Feedback
Happy to hear any thoughts you have.
Technical Details
Fuji GFX 50S, Fuji GF100-200 zoom, f/13 at 1/40 Second, ISO 400.
Ian, The monochromatic image with a touch of brown works very well in showing the calm after the storm. The detail and range of tones are excellent. I wonder if the curve of the road could be accentuated by the photograph being taken from further to the left and placing the lady further to the right, not losing the dark space at the end of the road which adds depth to the photo.
I love an image that is compelling, and this one fits that bill nicely Ian. It would be very good without the human, but she adds much of a sense of wonder and I think it was a great idea to include her. I can just imagine the stillness and peace that was there.
What amazes me is how there’s not too much snow on the road, but the trees are jam full of it.