Severe winter player

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The photo was taken in the park in front of my house while it was snowing. This is a place where children usually come to play and there is no place that could be the subject of a landscape photo at first glance.
However, I was able to capture a portion of the scene in this environment.

Specific Feedback

I would be happy to receive your evaluation at the development and color editing stage.

Technical Details

1/15s,F8,ISO100

2 Likes

I like the monochrome palate of color. That litttle bit of moss on the large tree adds interest to the compostion. I have one very small suggestion. The dark branch about 1/2 of the way up on the right side is distracting because it pulls the eye out of the frame.

1 Like

I like this as it is soft and has interest. As presented the dominant trunk RHS is okay as it has a lack of contrast and is somewhat soft, so it does not dominate.
I do feel however that a better composition lies with cropping out the right hant FG tree.
Still a lovely image as presented.

1 Like

Beautiful image, Takahashi. I love snowy scenes like this, and I like your story about finding a landscape photos in an unexpected place. I really like this image as is, but I also had the same thought as @mark28 about trying to crop out the large trunk on the right side of the image. The snow-covered branches of the second tree are really lovely, and a tighter crop might make them a little more prominent.

1 Like

I love these snowy scenes. This one is very nice. However, I’d suggest cropping out the tree in the foreground.

A really nice scene that good be made better with a little refinement. As the others suggested.

Takahashi,
This is wonderful and the best part is that it was right in front of your house. This looks like a winter wonderland and I am glad you were able to isolate this scene from the park. I don’t want to sound like I am piling on, but I too think the image is stronger with the crop of that tree on the right side as it feels just a little to dominant. Just my opinion of course. There is just something about a winter scene that seems to make the world a little better place.

1 Like

While I think your posted image is quite lovely, the crop suggestion and Michael Lowe’s rendering are even better. Nice image.

1 Like