Snow on lichen covered rock

One more from my time in Iqaluit. It was a place I never could have imagined and the few weeks I was there will be with me for the rest of my life, especially the colors of the lichens.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any and all

Technical Details

Minolta DiMAGE7i, 1/180, f/3.5, 35mm, ISO100 with minor adjustment to tone curves and cropping in LR

1 Like

Wow, John, colorful is right, reminds me of a kaleidoscope effect. Iqaluit sounds like Alaska or Canada, so they’re blessed with such lichen. Lighting and details appear good, especially the ice crystals. I like your composition of the snow line where it is, rather than on either side. A very appealing capture!

@Jim_Lockhart , thank you. Iqaluit is just north of Hudson’s Bay, basically the governmental center for that part of Nunavut which is immense. One of my favorite things to do was to take a $5 cab to the end of the Road to Nowhere and then walk as far as I dared over the tundra. My eyes could not easily recognize landmarks so I was careful, plus there was so much to see and photograph that it was silly to think of going “further!”