Snowy Egret Landing

Hi All,

This is the same egret from a previous post that I shot at Chincoteague. It flew back and forth between this perch and another one in between gorging on shrimp and fish.

This is full frame. In post, I fixed the white balance (it was a little too green), ran a curves adjustment for contrast, resized, sharpened the bird, reduced noise on the BG, burned down a few bright spots in the BG, and cleaned up a few spots in the water. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
D850
700mm, tripod
1/2000
f/6.3
ISO 1600

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@feelingruby

Wow Lyle, you just got it in the frame. Just like your last post of this bird I love the dark background. Bird is nice and sharp and a good landing position too and those yellow feet sure stick out. Nice clean underwing dark areas where you would normally get a little noise at high ISO’s but this looks really good.

1 Like

Excellent, Lyle. I love the contrast with the dark background and the landing pose is great. The light along the top of the “perch-to-be” really adds to this image.

1 Like

Pretty much perfect in my book, Lyle, that’s such a sweet landing pose and I love how the winglets are flared up, just show how much airplane designers learn from birds. My only comment is to clone out the reddish OOF branch right on the left edge of the frame.

1 Like

Hi Lyle
You have a pretty photograph here. The white, detail and sharpest, are right on. All your work has ben rewarded.
Peter

1 Like

What a stunning image. Such beauty captured. . . well done.

1 Like