Solo act

What I think are hornbeam seeds in fresh snow. The critters love these and many more were scattered all over, but this one was alone and standing up. Who could resist? A 5-image stack.

Specific Feedback Requested

Ideas, impressions…have at it.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod
Manually selected focus points between breezes.

Lightroom for RAW processing including reduction in exposure, blacks, highlights & shadows. Increased clarity & texture, vibrance & saturation. Dehaze to bring up snow texture just slightly. Zerene for the stack and some retouching. Photoshop to remove additional debris from snowy surface.

@the.wire.smith
2 Likes

I like the simplicity of this one, Kris. The focus stack helped a lot too. Nicely seen. I’m enjoying your intimate snow scenes.

The simplicity of this is just elegant Kris, it’s beautifully seen and executed. The little round specular highlights in the snow are nice small touch, they are a big plus to the image for me. I also love the little veins in the leaves. For a simple image, there lots of nice little details.

All said above!! Hope we get to see this little CBT grow up!

Thanks @David_Bostock, @Ed_McGuirk & @Diane_Miller - it was such a cute little thing and backlit so nicely that I had to stop. More snow is falling now so it’s probably buried if it hasn’t been eaten by squirrels.