Spotlight

Sony a7iii, 70-200/f4 @ 161mm, f/11, iso 100, tripod

That evening the clouds were moving so rapidly that I quickly composed a few shots wherever the light was hitting the landscape. In this situation the sun was breaking through the thick clouds for just a brief moment, filling the scene with warm sunset light. I really like the contrast between the warm and cold tones in the final image.

The sunlight definitely catches my attention and adds a nice glow to the mountains Martin. I also like the layering of the mountain with different textures and atmospheric perspective going on in the photo. Really nice photo.

1 Like

I love the layered topography and the storm clouds, Martin. The patch of sunlight adds a very nice element.

1 Like

Martin, the double set of layers, ridges and clouds, combine very well with the spots of sunlight. Quite the view.

1 Like

I agree that the warm splash of sunlight adds to the contrast of color and light in the image. The dusting of snow on everything makes a nice wintry scene.

1 Like

That kind of spotlighting is one of my favorite things and you captured a nice sample of it in this scene, Martin! I like the dynamic sky in this scene also. The large version has lots of nice detail and a good sense of presence.

1 Like