Light & Shadows on Peaks

Sunlight breaking through and lighting up the peaks shortly after a heavy snowfall. I zoomed in to get a closer look. The light on the peak is great but I think I enjoy the shadows, textures & color tones in the rest of the scene even more. Because of where I live, the most difficult thing about this challenge isn’t what photos do I have that fit the theme. Its more like where to start!

Sony a6500, FE100400GM @ 238 mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/200, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes::star_struck:, it’s freaking awesome sir. Especially, the part where sun rays are falling directly on the mountain peak,the way it is shining and whole the texture and the crispness of the snowy mountain + the mixing of white clouds and mountain. Amazing

Beautiful light on the right ridge and the lit snow and shadows to the left. Real good entry for the weekly challenge.

A beautiful bit of spot lighting here, Gary. That ridge, it’s shadow and the streak of sunlit snow look great. The touch of blue through the clouds is a fine extra.

Beautiful lighting in this one, Gary. Love everything about it.

Gary: Mark beat me to it regarding the small bit of blue sky but its a great complementary element to a marvelous scene. Well seen and superbly captured.>=))>

I’d say start right there! That is a beauty; I love that kiss of light across the middle.

This is a stunning capture. I love the way the light is cast on the surrounding snow to highlight the textures. Bravo.