Spotted Deer stags

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A 99; 500 mm; ISO 800; 1/1000 sec. at F 4.5

jagdeeprajputphotographie
2 Likes

What beautiful animals in a lovely setting with wonderful DOF. The light through the velvet antlers is special. I’m wondering how if would look with the warm WB brought down a bit, though.

1 Like

It almost seems like a father/son moment, but I’m anthropomorphizing. They’ll probably lock antlers in a minute. Although it looks like it’s late afternoon, the warm tone does seem a tad much. Something I struggle with myself sometimes. Usually I have better color rendition by nudging the white balance a little cooler.

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller and @_Kris !
Actually this image was taken very early morning at 5.50 am at the time of sunrise and this is exactly how the scene was presented before my camera.
It was a special shoot for me because I was shooting with Sony for the first time, they wanted me to shoot elephants with Sony gear and I was stuck with these stags :rofl:
I’m posting an image with slightly cooler tones.
PS. I think greens increased slightly but warms were not much affected.

1 Like

Jagdeep, the warm mix of yellow and green tones is very inviting. The glow around the antlers is great. While these aren’t elephants, they do make a beautiful photo.

1 Like

I just couldn’t afford to ignore the great subject😊

I think the color tweak in the RP does separate the animals from the grass a bit more. I don’t know what color they actually are, but they could probably also be separated from the grass by tweaking reds slightly toward blue instead of a global WB. Light like this is always a tough call. In any case, it is a gorgeous image!

1 Like