Spring at the park

Image Description

Last Saturday March 11 these flowers were not here. A week later, everywhere at Joshua Tree National Park. I was laying on the ground because I wanted a ground view of these mixed colored flowers. The FOV still wide enough to capture the very dry desert. I read the FAQ and it seemed this was the right area to post this image since the flowers were mainly the story here.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

There was strong light. Mainly used curve contrast on several layers to control it. Feedback welcome. I left the Loney white flower in the photo, is it ok there.

Technical Details

R6m2 EF 24-70 f/2.8 at 50mm 1/400 f/22 ISO 800.

1 Like

Dean, From where I’m sitting in Minnesota with the unrelenting snow and cold, your flowers and desert look inviting. Your low POV works well here. Glad you checked for snakes and prickly cacti before lying on the ground. I’m generally not a fan of blue skies, but here I’d darken and brighten the sky blue to complement you deep blue flowers. I did this with a color mask in PS and also burned in some areas in the mountain and foreground desert ground. I also added a touch of sharpening and a vignette . Thanks for the virtual visit to spring.