Spring in Montana

Woke up to significant snow this morning, so I couldn’t resist the irony of getting a snow in spring picture. In spite of the locally heavy snow (monsterous flakes and lots of them…), you can see some green in the grass. (R5, 100-500 @ 100 mm, 1/80 s, f/14, iso 800, tripod)

1 Like

The contrast between the snow and the green grass is, at least for me, Mother Nature’s sense of humor, Mark. When we lived in Colorado we always got fooled about this time of year thinking and hoping spring had arrived. I like how you’ve framed the image with the trees on the right and the pond in the backdrop. Hopeful spring won’t be too far away.

Definitely a different spring photo. Good job capturing the snow. I like the depth in the photo.

Oh wow, those are some big flakes of snow in front of that nice green grass. Wonderful contrast.

Spring is relative, I guess! Wonderful capture of its attempt to be! I love the pointillist effect provided by the snow.

Great effect here, Mark. It must have been tricky keeping your lens face dry - did you use a hood?

Mike, no hood, they’re too big and fragile to carry in my backpack. The wind was off my right shoulder and I was pointing down, that avoided snow on the lens.

1 Like

This is really nice Mark! I really like the thickness of the snowflakes. Excellent color and composition.