Maryland Spring

Driving from Maryland to Montana took us from late spring (as seen here in MD) to not quite spring in MT. This is a view across the Valley and Ridge geologic province showing off the variety of spring greens/yellows along with a single redbud. Later in the afternoon, we passed entire hillsides covered with the magenta of the redbuds but didn’t have a chance to stop.

5D3, 24-104 IS II @ 42 mm, 1/30 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod and polarizer

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Mark, a wonderful look across this vast area. And of course, taking in the multitudes of foliage throughout the view. I really do like this perspective which truly conveys the openness out there that we still all enjoy…:+1:

A lovely scene, Mark, and it certainly shows off the multitude of trees. I like the foreground slope with the single small tree.

Having lived there over 10 years, I never saw Maryland look this good. Is this the upper Potomac Valley? Beautiful color, exceptional light and nice contrasting diagonal hillside.

Mark,

A plethora of trees for sure - and those spring greens (and redbud) are wonderful. A grand view and wonderful spring landscape.

Lon