Spring Lily Pads

This is from last spring, when the lily pads were in their nice, new condition in Lassen Park, in the Lily Pond, of course. I love their color at this time of year, contrasted with the green water and the new growth just visible beneath the surface, and the way the water interacts with the leaves.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique welcome. Are the sizes of the elements relative to the framing pleasing?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
a7r3, 153mm, f/16, 1/6s, ISO 400, tripod.

bonnie_lampley
1 Like

Wow, Bonnie, I never saw lily pads like this before! It’s beautiful and I don’t even really like pink, but in nature it’s not bad! The image is very dreamy looking and kind of Monetish. Very beautiful!

I am enjoying the kaleidoscopic color texture of the water surface. Wonderful find Bonnie.

This image caught my eye at once among the new posts. The colors are amazing!

I think the elements you included add to the image, the lily pads as they are–asymmetrical, natural–the newer leaves poking up through the water etc. I also love the way the water over the larger lily pads catches the light and holds other, darker colors.

Beautiful shot!

Thanks, @Vanessa_Hill, @Eva_McDermott, and @ariella. :slight_smile:

Vanessa, yes, pink in nature is acceptable, isn’t it? :wink:

Yes, I particularly like this, also, and the curve of the water where the surface tension holds up that little edge.

1 Like

Bonnie, this is an interesting shot indeed. I love the positioning of the Lilys in the frame.

The colors are the heart of this image and they bring this to another level. Well seen.