Spring moss

Image:

Description: Moss that lives in spring water in the creek of a large spring pond in northern Finland

Specific Feedback Requested: All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

2 Likes

Jorma, the lower left to upper right eye movement looks great. The color contrast between the green/orange of the moss and the bluish water sets the moss apart well. the amount of blur in the water looks just right.

Gorgeous glowing colors in a wonderful composition! I thought it was interesting to scroll the screen up and remove the shoreline, and found the added mystery and simplicity intriguing.

1 Like

Jorma, what a mysterious capture you showcased here. The moss-covered trunk is a great leading line to guide us through the entire scene. I also like the light on the rock toward the back of the river. It creates a pleasing triangle of light with the left part of the trunk, the top of the trunk, and the rock in the back. It guides my eyes to see the expansion of the scene and what lies ahead on the right side of the image. I second what @Diane_Miller regarding the shoreline. The scene becomes more intimate, more mysterious, and more intriguing. The shutter speed you used was just perfect to create the soft water in the creek. This is a beautiful image.