Spring Snow

We got a light spring snow this morning and I ran out to take some shots of the daffodils. This is about as late as we get snow here, so the timing was perfect and it was gone by 11.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

5DIII, Canon 180 mm f3.5 macro, tripod as low as it will go, f/16, 1/320, iso 2500 (there was a pretty stiff wind), manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. The background had a lot of darker areas in it because of the thin layer of snow and the vegetation in the background, so I painted a lot of snow over it to mellow things out. Local exposure and saturation adjustments. Cropped to 4812x3276. Taken at 8:47 this morning.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Great juxtaposition of seasons and fine image at that. Processing looks good to me and no suggestions here.

Dennis, nothing says early spring like snow covered daffodils. The arch of the stem, the lovely yellow flower and the covering snow all come together beautifully.

Hi Dennis,

Looks good in the large view. The whites are bright and detailed. Well done…Jim

A great shot, Dennis. As Harley said, a great juxtaposition of the seasons. I do love the arch of the stem, bowed over with the weight of the snow. :+1: :+1:

What a perfect reflection of the season Dennis. I like the contrast of the warm yellow daffodil against the cold fluffy snow. Wonderful photo reminds me of Colorado spring time.