Sign of Spring

I was hoping the flock of robins I had seen earlier this week would return but it didn’t happen so I settled on this image of daffodils reaching up to the January sun. They are barely a 1/2" high at this point, but I usually don’t even see them until February, if there is no snow on the ground, as is the case right now.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I was definitely inspired by seeing new growth in mid-winter. Even had a couple of forsythia flowers appear.

Technical Details

Fuji X-H2, Fujinon XF 16-80, 56mm (35mm equiv.), ISO 200, f/11, 1/75s, handheld, backlit. Cropped about 25% to remove unnecessary details.

1 Like

Those are very interesting Jim! I like how the similarities emphasize the differences, if that makes sense. Kind of sorry to see signs of spring, Im still hoping for at least a bit of photographable winter.

Thanks @Cameron_Wilcox for your feedback. I agree, though all will eventually become the same flowers, there are small differences when you look closely. I really shouldn’t be able to take this kind of shot in January, but it’s been pretty snowless here in CT, so I’m hoping February will bring the opportunity for more wintry landscapes.

1 Like