First Flowers of Spring

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 18, 1/160 @ f16, ISO 200.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

I took several shots of this maple last year, and this was the first - with just the lightest dusting of flowers around the topmost branches.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ian, this is an elegant tree in a lovely setting. There’s a great “warm spring day” sense with the greening hillside, touch of floweris in the main subject and nice spring colors in the trees below. The change over from blue sky at the top to thin clouds at the bottom adds some extra interest to the sky.

A very pleasant tree portrait, Ian! The flowers tell you the time of year and the clouds with the blue to white fade are a big bonus for this scene. I really like the large version where the flowers are obvious and the fine details of the fractal branches are exceptional.

This is a lovely composition, Ian. I could see going back to that tree a lot at different seasons and in different weather.