St Elmos Fire Findhorn

Findhorn Beach, Moray, Scotland.

With the regulations related to Covid being transient and ever changing I have been concentrating a lot more on my immediate local area. Findhorn Bay is a favourite go to place when the clouds march in but I have to be honest never have I seen a display like this which ultimately went through the full spectrum of colours, some globular mammatus clouds the first I have seen in Britain and even for a brief moment a half hearted attempt at a funnel cloud. I don’t do Blogs or videos but even I put up a wee reference to this remarkable evening on my website with a series of images from that evening. Here’s a wee link to it if your interested. A landscape banquet

Fuji GFX50S, 32-64mm zoom, 0.6ND Soft Grad.

1 Like

The college collection of images you made that remarkable evening are fascinating. My favorites are the first 3 images in that group. The ones that actually have less color and whose colors are more subtle. Image Scintilating Findhorn is the best of the lot in my opinion. http://www.transientlight.co.uk/photo/scintillating-findhorn/

Ian, thank you for posting the link to your collection of images from this amazing evening. It significantly enhanced my appreciation of the image posted here. While I enjoyed reading your image description above, the only way to do full justice to this evening is to view the collection you provided. You were so blessed to experience this, I have never seen such a variety of cloud and light conditions, it was the sunset of a lifetime.

There’s not much more to say other than Wow !! :+1: :+1:

Wow, what a light show! Thanks for sharing your link to the series. I especially liked the ones with the little beach houses.