St. Johns River sunset

I throughly enjoyed watching this peaceful sunset on Florida’s St. Johns river a year ago after a day in Mike Ramy’s boat exploring the river. Like Igor, getting a gull in the frame helped this particular shot stand out subtly from the others in this series as the sun sank lower and finally disappeared below the horizon. (5D3, 24-105 @ 40mm, 1/60 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod)

1 Like

Magnificent photo Mark. The colors and the calm waters just make me want to be there. The seagull definitely adds to the story, days end and time to go home.

Mark: Makes me want to be there, especially in our anxiety filled state. Beautiful scene superbly captured. >=))>

A very peaceful sunset, water scene, Mark! The seagull is a nice bonus. Before the days of blended exposures, HDR processing and high dynamic range cameras, all sunset shots looked like silhouette photos!

A beautiful image of the St. Johns and sunset, Mark. It may be silly, but that light post or whatever it is on the dock drives me a bit crazy. I’d definitely remove it.

A beautiful scene, Mark. It looks like a nice peaceful place to just sit and enjoy.