Processed in RGB color.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anyone like Starless astro images?

Technical Details

asi294 astro camera with GT71 scope
678mm effective focal length
PP in Astropixel, Pixinsight, Capture, Affinity, Photoshop

2 Likes

Wow, interesting image. I like it a lot, Dan. I’d love to see what the version with Stars in it looks like for comparison.

Cheers,
David

2 Likes

To me this image is an amazing abstract! The colors are just amazing and the color fields make up a pleasing pattern. Starless astro images are for sure something for me.

Oh that’s wonderful! The intensity of the light is superb and my mind and eye want to explore endlessly. Love it!

Hi Dan! I love your astro shots and this is no exception. Beautiful colors and patterns. I really like this starless shot but like David, I’d love to see the image with stars for comparison.

Another incredible image Dan! Wonderfully composed. Good that you did not reduce the luminance of the spot in the URC as I think that balances the scene beautifully. I like this without any stars as well making for a wonderful abstract type of image. Keep em coming Dan. I never tire of these.

Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate it.
Here is star version, I prefer the real look of stars but Starless can be fun to do.
I do reduce stars in the images generally and they are reduced in this image.

Dan,

Love your astro-cosmo images and this one is up there as one of my favorites- both star and non-star.

Without the stars, it’s comes off as a straight abstract - great colors and the arrangement of the “clouds” works great compositionally.

I think though, that I prefer having the stars as well given this is an image of the night sky… :slight_smile: This is a beautiful astro image. Well done! Keep 'em coming.

Lon

Eye of Sauron.

Thats the first thought I got with the starless version. I didn’t even recognize it was an astro shot until I read the description.

I like the starless version more in this case, more abstract and intriguing.

Interesting takes Dan. It looks like a cloud from a huge explosion. (Maybe it is??). My preference is for the version with the stars.