Stepping Over

Taken right after the one I shot yesterday. I didn’t realize that the mother had landed on the other end of the limb, and this little guy took a shortcut to get to the food she was bringing to them, right across his brother or sister! Too funny! They are a hoot to watch.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any you can suggest.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Enough room at the top?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II, Canon 100-400 mm L lens, at 365 mm. f9, 1/800, ISO 1000.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

The action makes this image, Shirley, and you nailed the focus and exposure. An excellent image.

Good job on getting the action while keeping the bird in focus. I like the story that goes along with the shot.

Shirley, what an action. Exposure and processing are spot on. I love the BG and I love the perch, too. I do wish the focus falls on the bird stepping on the other bird (rather than the other way round). I love seeing the underbelly patterns here.

This is a really cool image. The attention and patience it must take to make a photo like this is inspiring.

Thank you all so much, I appreciate it. It was a fun capture.

Sibling rivalry? I can see the bird on the bottom stating: I hate it when she does that. However this is a really sharp image displaying fascinating juvenile behavior. The goofy babies are really fun to watch.

1 Like