Just fledged

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Enjoyed watching about 3 young House Sparrows wanting to be fed. They matured in about a day.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 7D ll, Sigma 150-600, 500mm, F6.3, 1/640sec. ISO 150.
LR CC
All comments accepted

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Sweet photo Charlie. Love the DOF and how you’ve managed to capture this shot. Truly very nice.

Hi Charlie
Vary nice nature shot. The chick is almost the full size of the adult. Nice work.
Peter

I really like the composition here, Charlie. Nice eye contact with the youngster as well. Since you were only at iso 150, I think you could have jacked it up considerably and used the extra to stop down to at least f/8 and maybe f/11. It might have brought your background more into focus, but the young bird is a bit soft and more depth of field looks like it could have brought it into better focus.

A nice behavior shot, Charlie. I like that you caught the feeding process at the point of exchange. It looks pretty good in the small version (which is automatically sharpened) but the large version shows that it’s not quite in focus or there is some motion blur (or both). I’m thinking a higher ISO setting for more shutter speed might have helped.

Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like a really cool moment. Love the background and the perch. When viewing the larger image the bird on the left is quite soft. I don’t think it is from a lack of DOF. It looks like motion blur to me. The bird on the right is pretty sharp, but not dead sharp either, and neither is the perch. Faster shutter speed and more crisp focusing on this one would have really added to the image.