Face On

This little guy came by to visit our feeder (unfortunately for him, I forgot to put it back out after taking in in before the storms yesterday). I wondered why he was sitting around so long before going to the feeder, (duh). Anyway, I like face on shots of birds, so selected this one as my favorite. He also flew down to the shepherd’s pole where the feeder normally is and I shot some there as well. I do appreciate your views as well as comments and critiques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mark IV, Sigma 150-600 mm C lens at 600 mm. Settings manual (except ISO auto), f7.1, 1/1600, ISO 500. Edited in LR, Topaz and NIK. Cropped to vertical from horizonal.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very nice shot, Shirley. Detail in the bird looks excellent and I like the setting.

1 Like

A sweet look at the (?chipping) sparrow. Great pose and I love the setting with the buds and green background. Good detail as well. Looks like a nice sunny day.

1 Like

I also think it is a Chipping Sparrow. Beautiful springlike setting. God job on the details.

1 Like

Thank you, Dennis, Allen & David, I do appreciate your viewing and commenting. Allen and Dennis, you are so right. I just looked it up and Chipping Sparrow it seems to be. Appreciate the ID. We had just called them Sparrows around here, and I never thought to look it up.

Hello, Shirley. I love the complementing surroundings. Light was a bit harsh by the looks of it, but not disturbing. For the idea I trust the others :wink: . Cheers, Hans

1 Like