Storm Midi Aiguille

Les Houches, Chamonix, France

Having been out on various moderate altitude trails all day in the Chamonix region in the Mont Blanc Massif I really didn’t fancy going off again for an evening hike into the hills. After all I was supposed to be on holiday so I had a shower instead and sat down wrapped in a towel on a chair in our very reasonably priced appartment balcony in Les Houches idly watching this storm roll in and promptly took in excess of 50 shots in extreme and epic conditions, with heavy duty clouds, splinters of sunlight, patches of left over snow and rumbling thunder, all on a sultry summer evening. It’s a tough life this photography lark. Is my tea ready yet?

FujiFilm X-T1 ,Fujinon XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
f/11 at 1/160 second, using balcony as a tripod, 0.6 ND Soft Grad

Very dramatic scene, Ian! I love those peaks peeking through the clouds. I think the light at the base is somewhat a distraction. But it’s not necessarily a deal breaker. I would, however, clone out the power line.

Very dramatic, Ian. Great light, and textures. The Aiguilles are seriously intimidating. I do think the sunlit area could be darkened a little. Nice spot for afternoon tea, I must say.
-P

We should all have such fortunes… and I must say my envy enhances the experience of viewing this scene and image. I wonder what lurks in the other 49…

Lon

Aah that power line is actually the Aiguille Du Midi cable car. I could clone it out but it just doesn’t seem the right thing to do.

:joy: Love it when views like this come with all creature comforts. Lovely light, clouds and mountains:raised_hands:. Enjoy your tea :+1: