Stuck in Time

I found this truck on an old abandon farm. I took several photos around the grounds hoping to tell a story about this old farm. I posted an image yesterday A Passage of Time and will post more if they turn out good enough to post.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

The entire farm was intriguing to me. It felt like the family just quickly left for some reason which adds more to my curiosity and keeps me thinking “why would they leave so much behind”? I want to create a story of photos for this piece of history.

Technical Details

Sony a7r v 24-70mm @70
f/11
ss/1/100 Handheld
ISO 320

Donna, this is wonderful. Perfect framing of the fender and headlight. I like the sliver of foliage that helps support the aging and derelict feeling. The rust is the icing. I feel a bit nostalgic when I see these types of pictures. Not for me personally but for those who came before. Excellent job processing too.

I really like images of old deteriorated cars and this image is a winner! Great light and shadows showing the shape of the car. Also the colors are good, the leaves match the rust color of the car. The composition is well chosen, and it was a good choice to include the white diagonal grass in the LLC. It adds interest to an area of the image that otherwise could have been not so interesting.