Summer Ends

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Although visuals are essential to me as a photographer, the emotional aspects of photography are of even more interest to me. So what do you feel looking at this scene? How would you describe the atmosphere? Does this make you think of a story, true or fictional, and if so, what is it about? Thank you for your thoughts.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

I walk past this field pretty much every other day. I was waiting for an evening with interesting clouds to complete the mood the cornfield sets. They always remind me of a time when the city kid I was, was out in the fields one Indian summer. That kid is gone, those summer nights are also. Everything changes and ever so often I wish it wouldn’t.

Technical Details

Nikon D700, Nikkor AF 28-70, 1:3.5-4.5D at 1/10 sec, f/11 and ISO 200 ơn tripod.

2 Likes

My first impression is: an unstable summer’s day, great clouds, not a hot day. The farmer is walking along his field of fodder corn and it looks good.
I like the curved line of the corn, mirrored in the path in the LRC. The clouds determine the mood in the image. Nice.

1 Like