Summer light

Camel’s Hump, as it is commonly called, or more descriptively, perhaps, Crouching Lion, is visible from nearly all parts of Central Vermont. Definitely iconic to those who live here, as I learned when I did a slide show of images at an retirement home and heard story after story about the place the mountain had in people’s memories of their earlier lives. It is sometimes too easy for me to photograph the mountain resulting in my having to delete lots of marginal or “maybe” images. This one, from a July evening, has stood the test of time from my point of view but I’d value the thoughts of others here.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/180, f/11, 70mm, ISO200 with adjustments to tone curves in LR

2 Likes

John,

Would certainly want this to remain in my set of keepers. And of course icons are relative, right? I’ve never been to Vermont and while I think there may be many features that go by the name of Camel’s Hump, this one is certainly new to me!

A number of things are combining for a great image that could certainly fit in this week’s challenge too! Initially the upper corners of the sky/clouds are almost distractsions - bright on the left, dark on the right, but I think they balance and ultimately help showcase the diversity of light and color.

As an alternate view, I think a simple pano crop would be simple and also showcase the outline of the mountain; with the darker ridge provide some contrast and depth (layered).

A little noisy in the darker/blue clouds, but probably expected resizing and all.

Overall, a very pleasing image of “your” icon… :slight_smile:
Lon